When it comes to the cost of kidney dialysis in Kenya, it typically ranges from Ksh 9,500 to Ksh 12,000 per session, depending on the specific dialysis center you choose. It’s important to note that most patients undergoing dialysis are beneficiaries of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), which means that the health providers are reimbursed by NHIF for two dialysis sessions per week.
Nevertheless, the cost of dialysis treatment can fluctuate based on several factors:
- Patient’s Age: The age of the patient plays a role in determining the overall cost.
- Procedure Type: The planned dialysis procedure may impact the cost.
- Room Selection: The choice of room accommodations can influence the final expense.
- Patient’s Medical Condition: The patient’s health status can lead to variations in the cost.
- Admission Fee: Additional charges may apply for admission to the healthcare facility.
- Post-Procedure Complications: Costs may increase if there are complications following the procedure.
- Doctor’s Fee: Fees associated with the attending physician’s services may contribute to the overall cost.
- Hospital Type: The type of hospital or healthcare facility selected can have an effect on the pricing.
It’s essential for patients and their families to discuss these factors with their Dialysis Centre and insurance representatives to gain a comprehensive understanding of the expected expenses related to kidney dialysis. To inquire about the cost of dialysis in Kenya, please connect with the Nephromed Dialysis Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
We prioritize providing quality care at an affordable price. When you choose our facility, we offer a 20% discount on blood tests and 20% off pharmacy medications, helping to alleviate some of the financial burdens associated with dialysis treatment. At Nephromed, our goal is to ensure that patients receive the necessary care and support they need while managing the financial aspects of their treatment.
Why Choose Nephromed Dialysis Centre?
- NephroMed is a premier hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis centre in Nairobi.
- 15+ Dialysis Machines
- Dialysis at Night Available
- Sunday Dialysis Available
- Nutrition Consultation
- 28000 Successfully Dialysis Session Done Till Now
- Patient support through NPCF
- Comfortable and Spacious Dialysis Room
- Equipped with imported medical recliners, IPTV, LCD screens, and other amenities to ensure your utmost comfort during your treatment.
- Nephromed is an NHIF-accredited center that offers services under national schemes and specialized managed schemes for civil servants in Kenya.
- A dedicated team of skilled Nephrologists and qualified renal nurses